“Dedicated to matching homeless pets with caring people”
Start the adoption process by filling out an application!
Scottsville Pet Adoptions is now operating under the guidelines of Article 35-D General Business Law.
Our team here at Scottsville Pet Adoptions works vigorously on a daily basis towards one common goal. That is to help the many homeless animals here find loving homes with caring people. We are emotionally invested in each animal that walks in our doors. We truly love and adore each pet as if they were our own. Every day we are just as excited to see their wagging tails as they are to see our smiling faces!
Scottsville Pet Adoption Hours
Monday 9:00 AM – 7:00 PM
Tuesday 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Wednesday 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Thursday 9:00 AM – 7:00 PM
Friday 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Saturday 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Sunday 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM
No appointment needed! Come down when it is convenient for you.
What do I do to Adopt?
Potential adopters can stop by our location with no appointment necessary! Our spacious greeting rooms allow yourself, your family, and current pets to interact with your new family member. It is important to us that all pets in the household get along. Adoption applications can be completed and printed off our website or can be filled out at the shelter. Any adopter who is renting will be required to have a landlord approval. When application is completed you will proceed to the Adoption Agreement and pay your adoption fee. Arrangements will be made for any veterinary services that are needed prior to going home. Calling ahead to see if a pet is still available is encouraged. Fill out and Download the adoption application.
What Your Adoption Fee Includes
1. Vaccinations based on your pet’s age and species.
2. Spay or Neuter Surgery
3. Medication for any adoption related illness, during the two-week trial period.
4. Heartworm testing for dogs 7 months and older and feline leukemia test for cats.
5. Ivermectin to deworm pet of intestinal worms and parasites.
6. Free two week follow up exam and stool check.
What Your Adoption Fee Does Not Include
1. Follow up medical care after two-week trial period.
2. Vaccinations due after the time of adoption and booster vaccinations.
3. Surgical package due at time of spay/neuter surgery. (Pre-anesthetic blood work & post-op pain relief).