“Dedicated to matching homeless pets with caring people”
One Love Pet Adoptions operates under the guidelines of Article 35-D General Business Law.
Effective, Tuesday, March 7th, 2017, Scottsville Veterinary Hospital & Pet Adoptions is transitioning to Riverside Veterinary Hospital & One Love Pet Adoptions. Drs. Velez and Dr. Mueller look forward to continue offering outstanding medical care and compassion as Dr. Berghash and his staff have provided over the last 25 years. With a combined 22 years of veterinary experience in the Rochester area, Drs. Velez and Mueller are thrilled to provide the best possible care for your pets; an honor that they treat with the utmost responsibility.
Scottsville Pet Adoption Hours
Tuesday 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM (Walk In), 2:00 PM – 7:00 PM (By Appointment Only)
Wednesday 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM (Walk In), 2:00 PM – 7:00 PM (By Appointment Only)
Thursday 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM (By Appointment Only), 2:00 PM – 7:00 PM (Walk In)
Friday 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM (Walk In), 2:00 PM – 7:00 PM (By Appointment Only)
Saturday 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM (Walk In)
Sunday 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM (Walk In)
Please note, Monday through Friday, adoptions will be closed from 1:00 PM to 2:00 PM.
We thank you for your support and patience as we work through this transition.
You can email our new adoption facility at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions on available pets, adoption process and for our new hours.
What do I do to Adopt?
Our spacious greeting rooms allow yourself, your family, and current pets to interact with your new family member. It is important to us that all pets in the household get along. Adoption applications can be completed and printed off our website or can be filled out at the shelter. Any adopter who is renting will be required to have a landlord approval. When application is completed you will proceed to the Adoption Agreement and pay your adoption fee. Arrangements will be made for any veterinary services that are needed prior to going home. Calling ahead to see if a pet is still available is encouraged.
What Your Adoption Fee Includes
1. Vaccinations based on your pet’s age and species.
2. Spay or Neuter Surgery
3. Medication for any adoption related illness, during the two-week trial period.
4. Heartworm testing for dogs 7 months and older and feline leukemia test for cats.
5. Ivermectin to deworm pet of intestinal worms and parasites.
6. Free two week follow up exam and stool check.
What Your Adoption Fee Does Not Include
1. Follow up medical care after two-week trial period.
2. Vaccinations due after the time of adoption and booster vaccinations.
3. Surgical package due at time of spay/neuter surgery. (Pre-anesthetic blood work & post-op pain relief).